24 January 2011

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero



Original Title - Great Monster War (怪獣大戦争, Kaijū Daisensō?)
Japan - 1966
Director - Ishiro Honda
Paramount Home Video, 1983, VHS
Run Time - 1 hour, 33 minutes

Until this last week, I probably hadn't seen a Godzilla movie in 10 or 12 years. I was at my favorite bar and the bartender Danny was playing old VHS tapes on the TV, one of which was this kaiju classic. It may be old news to a number of you, but even without the dialogue I was totally thrilled with this movie and had a hard time focusing on the conversation I was supposed to be having. Consider me a born again Godzilla fan.



These two beautiful posters come from Space Monster.


This poster for the double bill comes courtesy of Emovieposter.


 These two come courtesy of Wrong Side of the Art. I would be willing to eat a small horse for a copy of that long format one. Damn that's awesome.

German poster courtesy of Tomb It May Concern


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to own this classic on BETA!!! Love the Godzilla victory dance and those alien dudes who look like Devo!

Marshall Caruthers said...

OH man my brother is a Godzilla fanatic, he's kept the passion alive for me as well. We took a trip to Godzilla fest in Chicago this past summer that was pretty ridiculous. The fans really take G to a whole other level.