27 February 2012

Platoon on NES


Alright, I guess I'm pretty naive when it comes to video games. I stopped keeping up after about 1994, so there's a lot out there that I don't know about. But this one takes the cake.
Platoon the fucking video game??? It's not so much that they would make a literal game out of village search and destroy missions, but that they would do it in 1988. I don't care that kids are playing it, but that their parents who would have been of the 'Nam generation were buying it! Well, once it's a movie I guess it isn't "real" anymore. After all, the word Vietnam isn't used anywhere on the box or instruction booklet.



2 comments:

Shit Movie Fest said...

Never knew of this one, the 80s were some odd times!

Ty said...

Haha, it looks very silly! Gotta love the NES though.