16 February 2012

Salt N Pepa: A Blitz of Hits


Salt N Pepa: A Blitz of Hits
United States - 1990
Director - Various
Next Plateau Video, 1990, VHS
Run Time - 1 hour, 10 minutes

If you grew up in the 90's you couldn't miss Salt N Pepa, hell, I lived in the boonies and they were big even there. Actually, they already had three albums out by 1990, but that's when they really got big. This video more or less corresponds with the greatest hits album of the same name released at the same time.

What fascinates me most now is the aesthetic of that era; the clothing certainly, but the design on this box captures it fairly well. The solid flat colors in boxy shapes, beefy typefaces with randomly colored letters. Wow, that will always be a formative part of my life, and as tacky as it looks now I can't help but love it, just a little.

2 comments:

Direct to Video Connoisseur said...

It's great finding stuff like this at thrift shops and what not. I agree, you can't help but love it.

The Goodkind said...

Oh yeah, sometimes I cringe, but it's always fun.