07 May 2010

Brain of Blood/Brainwaves




United States - 1971
Director - Al Adamson
Magnum Entertainment, 1986, VHS
Run Time - 1 hour, 47 minutes

United States - 1983
Director Ulli Lommel
Embassy Home Entertainment, 1983, VHS
Run Time - 1 hour, 23 minutes

Each of these films is remarkable in its own way, but I find Brainwaves particularly so because of all the connections. The original music was composed by Robert O. Ragland who has done music for numerous other low budget action and horror films including The Supernaturals. I can never forgive star Tony Curtis for cock-blocking my homeboy Jack Lemmon in Some Like It Hot, nor can I forgive director Ulli Lommel for the painfully sycophantic Blank Generation. Fortunately both of them did plenty more trashy films to make fun of so I can't take it too seriously.


UK video sleeve from ItsOnlyAMovie.co.uk 


Hungarian VHS insert from Deliria Hungaria

No comments: